Standard SAP does not include functionality to process supplier statements.
SAP clients are forced to process supplier statements manually (ticking off paper statements! Or using Excel!), and producing supplier reconciliations outside of SAP.
BEST’s Supplier Statement Reconciliation Add-on is a fully integrated SAP add-on module that allows moving from manual, non system statement processing to a more efficient, auditable, reportable system in SAP.
The benefits are all those associated with system processing rather than manual processing:
- Automatic loading and matching of the supplier statement into SAP, and automatic creation of the reconciliation report.
- As BEST is built in SAP for SAP, it caters for SAP: Match not only open and cleared creditor items but also held documents, parked documents, the GR/IR account and linked customers.
- Quickly view unreconciled items in SAP, and spend more time chasing exceptions.
- The online reconciliation approval system in SAP means you don’t have to print reconciliations, pass them around the office and sign them. Multiple configuration levels with system controlled pre-requisites for each level, mean you can use the system to structure your creditor department.
- Standardised system processes enforce management policies and audit controls.
- System reports allow management to analyse (un)reconciled items by vendor, company, period and clerk. Understand problem areas and where to focus future efforts.
- Improve cashflow by paying only matched items, until issues resolved.
- Validate SAP creditor balances against supplier statement balances.